Alejandro Mejia joined the Materials & Metallurgical Engineering Group at CEP Oshawa in July 2015. He received his bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering from the University of Toronto in June 2015. Before joining CEP, Alejandro worked for more than two years completing forensic failure investigations of products constructed from polymers, ceramics, and metals. He has also completed academic research into high thermal conductivity steel alloys and cermets for hot stamping applications.
As a Materials Forensic Engineer, he carries out technical examinations and metallurgical analyses. He prepares concise and expert reports. As of today, Alejandro has carried out over 400 investigations.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Materials – Metallurgy
- Product Design and Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials and Fractography
- Materials Characterization, Selection, and Testing
- Corrosion and Degradation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Equipment
- Heavy Industrial Equipment
- Power Generation Equipment
- Vehicle Components and Systems
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Simulation