With CEP from 2015 to 2019 and since 2020, 16 years of experience. Benjamin Boyer joined CEP’s Material and Metallurgy team in 2015. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in materials engineering in 2004, at École Polytechnique de Montréal.
As a forensic engineer, Benjamin performs on-site technical investigations and case studies related to accidents, explosions and part and equipment failures. He also prepares expert reports and conducts metallurgical analyses, materials testing and laboratory research.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Materials – Metallurgy
- Materials analysis (metals, polymers, ceramics, glasses and composites)
- Materials failure analysis
- Design/choice of materials
- Corrosion and degradation
- Strength of materials
- Heat treatments, welding and brazing
- Metallurgical processes
- Characterization of metals and materials