With CEP from 2005 to 2015 and since 2017, 14 years of experience. Frédéric Bourgeois holds a Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering from École Polytechnique de Montréal as well as a Master’s degree in Applied Materials Research on Corrosion Detection in Industrial Piping Using Radiography from the same institution.
As a forensic engineer, Frédéric carries out on-site technical investigations and case studies related to accidents, explosions, parts and equipment failure, and he prepares expert technical reports. He also conducts metallurgical investigations and laboratory tests and researches. Frédéric has considerable experience and extensive knowledge of various materials related to heavy industries as well as power generation equipment such as run of river dams and windmills.
As of today, he has performed more than 390 investigations in the above-mentioned field.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Materials – Metallurgy
- Materials analysis (metals, polymers, ceramics, glass, composites)
- Materials found in the field of power generation
- Corrosion and degradation
- Strength and stress
- Welding and heat treatment
- Metallurgical process
- Metal and material characterization
- Fire & Explosion
- Origin and cause
- Fire propagation
- Fire behavior of materials
- Material response to high temperatures
- Electrical arc and thermal damage characterization