Joel Turcotte joined CEP’s Fire and Explosion team in 1997. He holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering from the Université de Sherbrooke.
As a Forensic Engineer, Joël carries out on-site accident investigations and prepares expert reports. During his many years as a forensic engineer, he has conducted laboratory tests and simulations to verify hypotheses on the nature and cause of accidents.
He has carried out over 2,000 investigations and has been recognized as an expert witness in numerous court cases.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Fire & Explosion
- Origin and cause
- Electrical system analysis (Arc mapping)
- Fire and Explosion Dynamics
- Fire Propagation analysis
- Solid Fuel-Burning Systems
- WETT certified Basic Inspector (License #9665)
- Code compliance analysis
- Electrical Systems
- Electrical Distribution and Transmission Systems and Equipment
- Power generation and co-generation
- Power Systems and Switchgear equipment
- High Voltage Electroluminescent lighting
- Solar Systems
- Lightning related damage
- Gas-fired and Oil-fired Combustion Systems
- Combustion equipment
- Heating Equipment, furnaces and boilers
- Containment systems
- Handling and storage