With CEP since 2016, 29 years of experience. Normand Matte holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Ottawa.
As a forensic engineer, Normand performs investigations to determine the origin and cause of fires and prepares investigation reports. He specializes in the analysis of electrical systems and appliances to provide forensic insight into failures and to evaluate field installations with respect to Code conformity issues, as well as the requirements of the authorities having jurisdiction.
As of today, he has carried out over 290 investigations.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Fire & Explosion
- Arc mapping
- Origin and cause determination
- Failure analysis
- Examination/Analysis of electrical installations
- Mechanical Systems
- Heat exchanger and deionized water treatment systems
- Electrical Systems
- Proficient with the Canadian Electrical Code Part 1, the QC Electrical Code (QEC) and the Ontario Electrical Safety Code (OESC)
- Field Evaluations to CSA SPE-1000
- Power distribution for residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Underground electrical service wiring
- Solar panel systems
- Basic solar panel installation to Ontario Microfit program and to Electrical Code standard
- Radioactive source equipment
- Radioactive large scale irradiators automation (gamma ray sources)
- Medical equipment with X-rays, Cobalt and Caesium sources
- Validation protocols and risk management analysis to IEC medical standards
- Propane and Natural gas installations
- Basic residential installation requirements