Our Waterloo Office is continuing to grow, and we are seeking a Civil Technologist to join our team. This diverse role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be involved in interesting work and a range of forensic investigations, as well as allow for independent work and development as a draftsperson.
As a Forensic Technologist, you will complete forensic investigations including onsite forensic examinations, analysis, and preparation of technical reports with the oversight of a professional engineer when needed. This position will also include being the lead draftsperson for the firm, preparing drawings for investigations across the country and being responsible for creating and managing drawing templates.
A successful applicant will be someone committed to a high standard of quality and exceptional customer service, and who is willing to adopt and promote our company values. They must also be willing to take on additional tasks not specifically spelled out below and be actively involved in our dynamic team in order fulfill the goals of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Carry out examinations and technical investigations on structures.
- Prepare drawings for many types of forensic engineering investigations.
- Prepare technical reports and drawings for various clients.
- Various other tasks as required.
Competencies Required for this Position
- Strong drafting skills
- Excellent ability to analyze information and identify problems
- Ability to write technical reports
- Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code
- Surveying skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, be efficient and organized
- Curiosity and initiative
- Strong written and oral abilities in English
- Ability to write and speak in French is an asset
- Civil technologist diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience within the construction industry or building envelope industry.
- BCIN certificate is a strong asset.
We offer competitive compensation, attractive career opportunities, a mentoring program and an internal training that is specialized and unique in our field. We also provide a flexible schedule and a pleasant working environment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.