Are you passionate about problem solving? Put on your Sherlock Holmes outfit and come investigate with our team of engineering experts at CEP.
We are currently seeking a Civil Forensic Engineer or Architect for our Laval Office
- Conduct studies, simulations, and surveys on site;
- Investigate damage related to collapses of all kinds, flooding, wind, soil movement, blasting & vibrations, water infiltrations, condensation, slip and fall accidents, etc.;
- Determine the origin and cause of damage to building envelope, roofing membrane and to residential, commercial and industrial building structures;
- Perform Codes (Québec & Ontario Construction Code) and Standards compliance analysis and reviews;
- Manage the building permit application process related to building damage;
- Perform condition assessments of buildings and properties;
- Prepare reports and testify as an expert witness in Court.
- Field experience in one or many of the following: structural, civil works and infrastructure, building envelope, construction methods and materials, geotechnical, slip-and-fall, building science engineering;
- Working knowledge of the Construction Codes and Standards;
- Excellent ability to synthesize information, analyze and solve problems;
- Efficient, attentive to details, good hands-on skills, setting priorities and organizational skills;
- Curiosity, good judgment and initiative;
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- College or University degree in Civil Engineering or in Architecture or a recognized equivalent;
- Should have a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in consulting, construction quality control or construction site supervision/project management;
- Licensed as an Engineer in Quebec;
- Strong command of both oral and written, French and English;
- Working knowledge of the Construction Codes and Standards.