CEP Forensic is currently seeking a Fire and Explosion Engineer to join our team. This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that is growing the forensic engineering market in Ontario. This position could be based out of the Waterloo or Toronto office.
As a Fire and Explosion Engineer, you will complete forensic investigations of fires and explosions, and preparation of technical reports to communicate your findings. You will also interact with clients and assist the Regional Managers in growing the fire and explosion market in Ontario. There are also opportunities for a leadership role in the fire investigation team.
The successful applicant will be committed to a high standard of quality and exceptional customer service, and who is willing to adopt and promote our company values. The successful applicant must also be willing to take on additional tasks not specifically spelled out below and be actively involved in our dynamic team in order fulfill the goals of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct investigations to determine the origin and cause of fires and explosions, including on-site inspection, simulations, and analysis of fires and explosions
- Preparation of technical reports of your findings
- Appear as an expert witness in court to present your finding, as required.
- Participate in business development events, including industry events and presentations.
Competencies Required for this Position
- Strong fire investigation skills
- Working knowledge of building construction and/or vehicle components
- Excellent ability to analyze information and identify problems
- Strong ability to develop reasoned conclusions based on observations
- Familiarity with the Ontario Fire Code and Ontario Building Code
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, be efficient and organized
- Exceptional written and oral abilities in English
- Ability to write and speak in French is an asset
- Engineering degree in electrical engineering or another relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- PEO licenced.
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) designation is an asset
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI) designation is an asset
We offer competitive compensation, attractive career opportunities, a mentoring program and an internal training that is specialized and unique in our field. We also provide a flexible schedule and a pleasant working environment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.