Are you passionate about problem solving? Have a flair for delving into a scenario to determine the facts? We aren’t your typical engineering firm and forensic engineering isn’t your typical engineering practice. How does a typical work day of investigating failures, analyzing evidence, and trying to figure out exactly what happened sound to you?
We are currently seeking a Materials Forensic Engineer in our Edmonton office, reporting to the Regional Manager – Western Canada.
- Conduct investigations to determine the cause of failures in a variety of materials;
- Conduct site exams, testing, analyses and liaise with other experts;
- Provide technical consultation services to clients;
- Prepare technical reports and testify as an expert witness in court;
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team investigating the technical aspects of insurance or legal related losses;
- Participate in marketing activities and deliver presentations to clients.
- Administrative and technical management skills;
- Good practical knowledge of material properties, typical failure mechanisms and types of testing;
- Experience with polymers would be an asset;
- Skilled and interested in technical and manual work;
- Excellent synthesis, analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Concern for efficiency, attention to detail, excellent common sense, excellent organization and prioritization skills;
- Comfortable managing client relationships through the life of a file and have excellent communication skills;
- Curiosity, good judgment, sense of initiative;
- Capable of clearly communicating findings in written reports.
- University degree in Materials or Metallurgical engineering;
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience (e.g., design, maintenance, investigation, technical support or problem resolution);
- P.Eng. designation, licensed with APEGA;
- Excellent command of both English and French (oral and written).