The structural integrity of a building or house has been compromised. They want to know why. You can be a part of figuring it out. Using your common-sense knowledge and familiarity with home renovations, you will unravel the intricacies of failures and provide recommendations on how to put things back together – the right way!
Our firm is looking for a forensic engineer to join our Structural Group in Vancouver. The position would involve investigating structural failures and other building deficiencies, including building envelope issues, and reporting directly to insurance and legal clients. As the first local member of our structural group, marketing yourself and our services in the region will be an integral portion of the position, as well as maintaining a positive rapport with our existing clients.
We are currently seeking a Structural Forensic Engineer in our Vancouver office.
- Conduct studies, simulations, and surveys on site;
- Investigate damage related to failures of all kinds, including flooding, wind, soil movement, blasting & vibrations, water infiltration, condensation, vehicle impact, etc.;
- Determine the origin and cause of damage to building envelope, roofing membrane for residential, commercial, and industrial structures;
- Perform Codes (British Columbia Building Code) and Standards compliance analysis and reviews;
- Manage the building permit application process related to building damage;
- Perform condition assessments of buildings and properties, design temporary shoring and prepare drawings for structural repairs;
- Prepare reports and testify as an expert witness in Court.
- Administrative and technical management skills;
- Skilled and interested in technical and manual work;
- Interested in maintaining client relationships, as well as marketing services to new clients;
- Comfortable managing client relationships through the life of a file and have excellent communication skills;
- Excellent synthesis, analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Concern for efficiency, attention to detail, excellent common sense, excellent organization and prioritization skills;
- Curiosity, good judgment, sense of initiative;
- Have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and registered as a P.Eng. in British Columbia;
- A Struct. Eng. designation would be an asset but is not a necessity;
- Have 6 + years of working experience in a structural engineering related field;
- Working knowledge of Construction Codes and Standards.
- Familiar with commercial and residential building construction;
- Wood framing experience and/or training;
- Building envelope experience or training would be an asset;
- Strong command of both oral and written English, French is an asset.
We offer competitive compensation, attractive career opportunities, a mentoring program and an internal training that is specialized and unique in our field. We also provide a flexible schedule and a pleasant working environment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.