The insurance world is constantly changing; keeping up to date on the latest advancements in forensic investigations is tough. CEP has a variety of training opportunities that allow you to optimize the management of your claims.
The content of each session is adapted to meet your needs. We give you the option to decide what the topic is, and the length of the training, to ensure you get the most out of every session. At the end of your training, you’ll have a complete picture of the type of loss you’ve chosen to explore.
With the information presented by our knowledgeable experts, you will learn how to assess the need for an in-depth investigation of the claims you are dealing with. You will also have better control of the costs related to these claims.
These carefully prepared programs will give you access to continuing education credits. Some of our courses are accredited by the Alberta Insurance Council, and if the specific training you’re looking for isn’t already accredited, we are happy to have it approved.
- Cross examination of expert witnesses
- Managing complex insurance losses
- Photography basics – How to get the most out of your camera
- The importance of photographs in forensic investigations
- Think Tank on Causation & Liability
- Forensic Science and the drone
- Understanding seatbelt and airbag effectiveness
- Low speed collisions – Resolving minimal damage claims
- Night-time visibility studies in accident reconstruction
- Detecting Hazards – Visual Problems Faced by Vehicle Drivers
- Accident reconstruction 101 – understanding accident reconstructions
- Vehicle data – The black box and now so much more
- Interpreting accident reconstructions for bodily injury
- Slips and trips go far beyond ‘Oops’
- The Biomechanics of Injury
- Occupant dynamics – what happens during a collision
Fire & Explosion | Electrical Engineering
- Answers out of the ashes – origin and cause investigations
- Electrical and appliance fires
- Heavy equipment fires
- Vehicle Fires – Origin and Cause
- An Introduction to Fire Modelling
- Investigating Sprinkler-Related Claims
- Electrical System Analysis
Structural & Civil
- Soils and Foundations
- Building Envelope
- Building failure and structural engineering analysis: Case studies
- Rebuilding buildings – a structural engineering perspective
- Pool Failures and Problems
- Structures subjected to fires
- Asbestos Management in a Claim
- Introduction to the Management of an Environmental Loss
- Hazardous Materials Management after a Fire
- Diagnosing material failures
- Filtering facts through the cracks – The failure investigation process
- Property Loss Winter claims
- Oil Tank Failures
- Plumbing Component Failures
- Sump Pump Failures
- Floods, fires and injuries…Oh my!
- Glass in the Construction Sector: Risks and Failures
- Industrial Failures: Small Failures, Big Losses
- Myths & Realities related to pressure equipment (ASME)
Want to increase the efficiency of your team in claims management? Our experts will share their knowledge directly in your office!
Contact us to organize a training session for your team!