With CEP since 2010, 15 years of experience. As Regional manager, Paul Gullekson is responsible for the operation and growth of CEP Waterloo. He holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering from University of Alberta.
As a forensic engineer, Paul specializes in the investigation and reporting of insurance claims and litigations for law firms, insurers and insurance adjusters. Paul focuses on motor vehicle accident reconstruction, carrying out site inspections, technical analysis and computer simulations of motor vehicle collisions as well as assess collision circumstances, vehicle and occupant dynamics, collision severity, vehicle pre-impact & post-impact speeds, vehicle lamp usage, occupant seat belt usage & effectiveness, time/distance relationships, evasion potential and visibility factors.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Collision Reconstruction
- Vehicle and site examination and documentation
- Interpretation of roadway markings
- Event Data Recorder (EDR) imaging and analysis
- Vehicle crush analysis
- Momentum, restitution and energy methods
- PC Crash – accident reconstruction simulations
- Visibility assessments
- Human factors and timing analysis
- Vehicle Failures
- Passenger vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
- Recreational vehicles (snowmobiles, watercrafts, ATV)