Verônica A. Buss Almeida holds a Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering (1996) and a Master’s degree in Engineering and Materials Science (2003). The characterization and analysis of metals and metal coatings, as well as the study of manufacturing processes and heat treatment of metallic materials are among her specialties.
As a forensic engineer, Verônica conducts on-site and laboratory investigations as well as failure tests and analysis. The results of her studies regarding failure, degradation and non-performance of metals and coatings are supported by laboratory researches and are the subject of technical investigation reports.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Materials and Metallurgy – Metal Coatings
- Failure analysis
- Corrosion and degradation
- Heat treatments
- Manufacturing processes
- Deposition of materials by thermal plasma
- Treatment of metallic and ceramic powders by thermal plasma
- Weld metallography
- Characterization of metals and materials