John graduated from the University of Alberta in 2014 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He came to CEP in 2018 and specializes in collision reconstructions. His experience includes low speed impact assessments, as well as fatality collisions, motorcycle accidents, and pedestrian impacts. John has worked on claims with questions regarding visibility, occupant dynamics and the interpretation of roadway markings. His reports have provided analysis of electronic data from vehicle modules, collision simulations, and human factors assessments.
As part of various motor vehicle accident reconstructions, John has assessed collision circumstances, vehicle and occupant dynamics. His reports include evaluations of collision severity, vehicle pre-impact & post-impact speeds, occupant seat belt usage & effectiveness, evasion potential and visibility factors. His previous experience includes failure analysis of caterpillar equipment and powertrain systems. His experience with providing detailed reports regarding failure mechanisms and circumstances ensures he is able to articulate complex engineering principles in a useful way for his clients.
Find out more about John McEvoy
Meet the person behind the expertise
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Accident Reconstruction
- Examination and documentation of vehicles and collision sites
- Interpretation of roadway markings
- Data retrieval from vehicle on-board modules
- Analysis of vehicle and occupant dynamics
- Simulations of vehicle collisions in 3-D environments
- Low speed, high speed, sideswipe, rollover and fatal collisions
- Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles and pedestrians
- Human factors analysis including visibility assessments