Patricia Fortier is both Team Leader – Civil & Structural and Forensic Engineer. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Building Engineering obtained from Concordia University in 1999 and a graduate diploma in Construction Engineering – Structures and Urban Infrastructure (short program) from the ÉTS in 2013. Before joining the CEP team, she worked as a project manager and a building operations engineer.
As a forensic engineer, Patricia carries out on-site accident investigations, case studies and prepares technical investigation reports. She also performs laboratory testing to verify hypotheses related to the nature and cause of accidents.
As of today, she has performed approximately 1000 investigations and has been recognized as an expert witness in court cases.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Structural & Civil Engineering
- Building envelope and thermal infrared inspections
- Water infiltrations and mould
- Geotechnical engineering
- Excavations and retaining walls
- Municipal work (roads, sewers and water distribution systems, bridges)
- Drainage (piping, backflow and French drains)
- Above and in-ground pools
- Construction defects and construction contracts
- Structure, foundation and structural analysis
- Standards and codes compliance, setting to standards
- Slip and fall