Foundation and Concrete
As this is a crucial element, the deterioration of a building’s foundation can have disastrous consequences. When this occurs, the first step is to determine the source of the issue.
The problem may be external in nature or due to a failure of the materials used, especially in the case of concrete foundations. The most frequent culprits include: freeze-thaw, water infiltration, fire damage, settling due to geotechnical site conditions, construction methods, the presence of iron sulphides (pyrite or pyrrhotite), or an alkali-silica reaction.
By analyzing the deterioration and performing tests, our experts can provide you with an accurate opinion. They will be able to give you the facts on the following questions:
- Did the degradation result from a progressive phenomenon or a sudden event?
- Do the cracks and other signs of weakness have an impact on the structural integrity of the building?
- After a fire, is the foundation damaged and can it be repaired?
- Is the scope of work to be carried out substantial?
- What repair and reinforcement methods should be used?
Depending on your needs, we can provide a simple foundation compliance certification or a complete investigation report. In both cases, the document produced by our team will allow you to get a clear picture of the cause and extent of the damage.